Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The first taste of smokes

Language Class Activity 3
The third language class activity is about a childhood memory. I have chosen my first experience of smoking to write about. Hope you enjoy it.


During my childhood I always had been curious about smoking. Looking people who smokes anywhere and anytime, it was always been a question for me that how people smoke and why they like inhale such smelly smoke? Is there any hidden pleasure in it that I don’t know? Smoking was always forbidden in our home.
During those days, I usually had to stay over at my cousin’s home; we were really close and have same age. One day after talking a bit about smoking we decided to give it a try, so we went to the roof stealthily and got prepared for smoking. Since we didn’t have any cigarettes, we decided to build them ourselves. We rolled up some pieces of newspaper in place of cigarettes and as an imitation from smokers we putted them through our lips and lighted the tip of rolls. You don’t believe, but we were really surprised, because the rolls had a lot of smokes more than any cigarettes. We started to inhale the smokes as smokers inhale. But unlike the smokers, as soon as the smoke came to my throat, it made me coughing. We were very serious experiencing smokes, so we kept going, inhaling and coughing, inhaling and coughing… after a while we were really feeling bad, Even without smokes coughing was keeping on strongly with the feel of vomiting. We coughed all the day and suffered the throat ache but HATED SMOKING FOR YEARS.

No comments: